Discussion topic: Router/modem compromised and part of the Meris DDoS botnet /Meris attacks What should I do now?

This message was authored by peace1234 This message was authored by: peace1234

Router/modem compromised and part of the Meris DDoS botnet /Meris attacks What should I do now?

I got scammed via sms for evry delivery , Although I didnt enter any detail apart from post code. Next thing I am getting page whenever using google search , what should I do now. Tried calling sky but no response even after a long wait.

We have detected that your router/modem may be compromised and part of the Meris DDoS botnet, or you are using a proxy associated with past Meris attacks. This page checks to see if it is really a human sending the requests and not an attack.
See blog.mikrotik.com/security/meris-botnet.html for more information.
IP address: fdsgfdgdsfdsafs
Time: 2022-08-19T07:27:09Z
URL:

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Router/modem compromised and part of the Meris DDoS botnet /Meris attacks What should I do now?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@peace1234 

I'm occasionally seeing that too, but on a business network with FTTP supplied by BT (and behind a business-grade security appliance, not a domestic Hub).  Although the Meris botnet was definitely a thing, it only affected a rather obscure brand of router and so the Google alert is almost certainly erronious (a Sky Hub is not a MikroTik device)

Switching your Hub off at the mains for half an hour should cause a new public IP address to be allocated to it, and that may well clear the issue.  It's entirely unrelated to SMS delivery scams.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
peace1234
Topic Author
This message was authored by peace1234 This message was authored by: peace1234

Re: Router/modem compromised and part of the Meris DDoS botnet /Meris attacks What should I do now?

Thanks for your reply. Thats some relief although should I reset my wifi pass?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion