Discussion topic: Router Delivery

This message was authored by tcmossYork This message was authored by: tcmossYork

Router Delivery

Hi all,

I have my broadband getting transferred tomorrow and my router seems to be no closer to getting delivered to me.  It seems to be stuck within the Royal Mail system.

Can i just use my existing router? I already use OpenReach with BT but to be left without any Broadband would seriously compromise my job as i work from home.

Is there anyway i can postpone the switchover?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Router Delivery

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tcmossYork the BT router wont work and unfortunately it will be too late to vhange a switch over scheduled for tomorrow. There is good chance the hub will be in yodays or tomorrow's post if it isn't call Sky to get a hubsent out overnight.

One point you are choosing to use a service sold for domestic use for business which is fine but it gives you no priority so it is sensible to have a fall back plan for the odd occasion when something goes wrong.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
tcmossYork
Topic Author
This message was authored by tcmossYork This message was authored by: tcmossYork

Thats a shame and like quite a few people I do have a back up but the point is that I shouldnt need it.

Thus far I have been unable to spoeak with anyone from Sky to have a replacement sent out...

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@tcmossYork wrote:

like quite a few people I do have a back up 

I'd just caution that if your backup is the failover to cellular which BT themselves offers, that's not likely to work on the switching day.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion