Discussion topic: Replacing Sky Hub with Asus

This message was authored by Andychichester This message was authored by: Andychichester

Replacing Sky Hub with Asus

This seems to be a confusing subject.

Id like to replace the sky hub with something that offers decent parental controls, the sky buddy service is being turned off.

I have Sky Super Fast

I purchased a Asus RT-AX55 thinking I could just swap the Sky Hub for this, reading other posts am I correct in thinking I would also need a modem too? or a combined box like the DSL-AC68U

Many thanks

DSL-AC68U

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Replacing Sky Hub with Asus

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andychichester 

If you get the asus dsl then there would really no difference to using the rt ax in access point with the sky hub

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Andychichester
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andychichester This message was authored by: Andychichester

I thought so too, i think I am facing double NAT issues, my sonos and irobot devices will not connect when the asus router is connected to the Sky hub. I turned off the sky wifi and setup the asus with the same SID and password, everything else connected fine

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andychichester 

Actually you get a better level of parental control with the dsl ac68u  than you do with the rt ax55u. So the dsl would be the main modem router with the rt ax in access point mode

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion