Discussion topic: Replace sky hub

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Replace sky hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@OnlyHere4AReason 

So, definately fttc vdsl. I would still go for the asus dsl ax82u. 👍

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
OnlyHere4AReason
Topic Author
This message was authored by OnlyHere4AReason This message was authored by: OnlyHere4AReason

Here you go cookie, 

Thanks

routerstats.JPG

Bttest.JPG

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@OnlyHere4AReason  If you are looking for faster speeds that will not come from your present phone socket and you would need one of what is shown in the picture below installed. This would enable you to get faster speeds.

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
OnlyHere4AReason
Topic Author
This message was authored by OnlyHere4AReason This message was authored by: OnlyHere4AReason

Hello highlinder

I do not see an image just a triangle.

I ask anyway but can this be a DIY job? Or need a sky engineer 

Thanks

OnlyHere4AReason
Topic Author

highlinder

Forget my last message I do see the image now after refreshing the page. 

Could I do this myself if I buy this box? Or do I need to request sky to install it?

Does this have a product name/number and would it work with the existing line or need a new line installed 

Thanks

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@OnlyHere4AReasonThat bit of equipment is installed for you and does get installed by an engineer. What services are available to you when you click on the link below when you login.

https://www.sky.com/broadband 

Your connection is not able to take advantage of the higher speeds, at the moment you can get a max of 80Mb/s which is superfast broadband with Sky.

OnlyHere4AReason
Topic Author

highlinder

59, 145 and 500 are shown when logging in. I am on the 59

When I click on review I get the message "You're on our fastest broadband at your address" 😞 

Thanks

@OnlyHere4AReason  When you login that is when it is able to pick up the information on your property on Sky's database and going by the check using the property checker from BT it is showing this to be the case superfast is all that you can get at this time.

OnlyHere4AReason
Topic Author

@Highlinder 

You got me slightly excited there lol 

I had to face the sad fact I was stuck on slow speeds about 5 years ago. Without any upgrade path. Virgin wanted 3k to install the cables. Sky/bt etc all use the same line. It's depressing wanting to pay for a service but being unable to.

Playing only FPS games against people with much faster connections I am always coming out 2nd in a fight. Not always but enough that its an effect on the gameplay and enjoyment. 

Fiber is outside, it's just a case of legal stuff getting sorted before they can bring it inside. The lady who phoned me last week said don't expect any change for around 12 months. I have been out of contract with sky now for 13 months as the fiber company kept saying just a few more months and didn't want to tie into another 12/24 month contract and then not be able to switch as soon as it went live. 

@cookiemonsteruk 

How do these stats look on the router? They don't mean much to me. 

Does anything look out of place? 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@OnlyHere4AReason 

They're looking ok . Top speed 79-80Mbps with a probable guarantee midpoint between the two handback threshold. 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

OnlyHere4AReason
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk @Highlinder @TimmyBGood 

Thanks for your help.

Now try and find a good deal on the ASUS DSL-AX82U. 🙂

@OnlyHere4AReason 

£257 at currys £214 at amazon

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion