Discussion topic: Remote access to Sky Wireless Router SR 203

This message was authored by Chrisby78 This message was authored by: Chrisby78

Remote access to Sky Wireless Router SR 203

Good afternoon,

I am trying to set up accessing the above router remotely. I have changed the router password, enabled remote access. However, when i enter the remote management address into my phone, it doesn't load the page ive a=entered the address it displays and the port. Is there something else I need to change?

Thank you

Chris

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Remote access to Sky Wireless Router SR 203

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Chrisby78 

Are you connected to your phones mobile data when you are trying it?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Remote access to Sky Wireless Router SR 203

@Chrisby78 

It is highly recommended you don't remote control the Sky Hub the password isn't encrypted whilst passing it over the internet. But if you are willing to take that risk the router remote interface is on port 8080, eg: public IP address x.x.x.x:8080 will gain access to it over the internet where x.x.x.x is the public IP address.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion