Discussion topic: Putting a time limit on the internet

This message was authored by Nata3 This message was authored by: Nata3

Putting a time limit on the internet

Hi 

can anyone help I need to put some time restrictions on the internet so my so is not always on the computer 

is there a way I can switch the internet off at 11pm and back on at 8am?

many thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Putting a time limit on the internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nata3 

The Sky product designed for that purpose is the extra cost WiFi Max add-on which comes with Parental Controls.  Note that Sky isn't currently offering Max to households with a Sky Q subscription.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-wifi-max-parental-controls 

Crudely, an alternative option is to add a separate wireless access point to the Sky Hub over ethernet cable and give the young person the password for this, while changing credentials for the Sky Hub itself.  The separate access point can then be physically switched off when desired (or through a digital power socket timer) while the Hub WiFi signal remains available for adults.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nata3 

The Sky product designed for that purpose is the extra cost WiFi Max add-on which comes with Parental Controls.  Note that Sky isn't currently offering Max to households with a Sky Q subscription.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-wifi-max-parental-controls 

Crudely, an alternative option is to add a separate wireless access point to the Sky Hub over ethernet cable and give the young person the password for this, while changing credentials for the Sky Hub itself.  The separate access point can then be physically switched off when desired (or through a digital power socket timer) while the Hub WiFi signal remains available for adults.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Nata3
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nata3 This message was authored by: Nata3

Hi I've just spoken to sky and they told me to go into broadband shield and put inactive times in there and then that will switch off the internet completely 

thanks ☺️ 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion