Discussion topic: Port Fowarding with SR203 and Eero

This message was authored by albeeno This message was authored by: albeeno

Port Fowarding with SR203 and Eero

I've been trying to set up port forwarding to my PC, to host a Minecraft server. FYI, I can connect to the Minecraft server over LAN. 

With Sky and Eero I was unable to bridge routers since Sky doesn't support bridging. Therefore since my PC is connected to the Internet on my Eero, I port forwarded using the eero app to my private IPv4 address on my PC, opening port TCP&UDP 25565. I also created a firewall rule on my eero to allow any connections through that port to that ip however when using multiple port checkers such as portchecker.co and yougetsignal.com however it says the Port forward (25565) to my Public ip isn't open. So created a new inbound rule on my windows firewall to allow connections through that same port. 

It still didn't work, so I went to my Sky Routers page 192.168.0.1 went to Security<Services and created a new service to allow the same port to the same IPv4 (the one my eero has given my PC) - my PCs private address. And also a new Inbound rule on my Sky Routers firewall for that same port. And it still doesn't work. 

Any idea if I need to maybe port forward my gateway eero ip on my Sky Routers page

Or if there's a way to bridge a sky router to my eero.

I've contacted Eero support it's been 5 days and I haven't heard anything back so I thought I'd contact some forums.

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Port Fowarding with SR203 and Eero

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@albeeno 

Okay so if your Eero system is giving out its own IPs on a different space then you wont be able to port forward directly from the Sky hub.

You'll need to try the following; 

- On the Sky hub, setup a rule that forwards port 25565 from external > Eero hub's IP address on the Sky hub (This will be 192.168.0.xxx) So on the Sky hub that would be an inbound rule for the Minecraft service to the eero hubs IP

- On the Eero hub setup a port forwarding rule that forwards port 25565 from the eeros WAN interface which will be the IP from the Sky hub you just used, to your PC's IP given by the Eero system. 

- On your PC set the firewall to allow connections from 25565 from external. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@albeeno 

So is your Eero system setup in Router mode with its own IP address space or AP mode and using the Sky hubs DHCP?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
albeeno
Topic Author

Screenshot_20230419_151052_eero.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_151756_Gallery.jpg

My Eero DHCP configuration has been set to Automatic, as when/ if I set it to bridge, then I lose connection and it doesn't let off an Internet connection. [see first image]

My Eero also gives each device a different IPv4/ IPv6 (if supported) address compared to what my Sky router would designate.

As instructed by Eero when originally setting up my system, a couple settings have been disabled inside my Sky Routers page. 

[see second image]

My system is as follows: 

BT Openreach Modem -> Sky Router -> Gateway Eero -/> PC

-> wired connection

-/> wireless connection

I'm not very familiar with networking and I only know the basics, so I'm sorry if this doesn't answer your question.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@albeeno 

Okay so if your Eero system is giving out its own IPs on a different space then you wont be able to port forward directly from the Sky hub.

You'll need to try the following; 

- On the Sky hub, setup a rule that forwards port 25565 from external > Eero hub's IP address on the Sky hub (This will be 192.168.0.xxx) So on the Sky hub that would be an inbound rule for the Minecraft service to the eero hubs IP

- On the Eero hub setup a port forwarding rule that forwards port 25565 from the eeros WAN interface which will be the IP from the Sky hub you just used, to your PC's IP given by the Eero system. 

- On your PC set the firewall to allow connections from 25565 from external. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
albeeno
Topic Author

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have been at work and college all-day yesterday and same thing today. So I won't be home till around 10PM to try this out. I'll let you know of the results near that time.

Thank you for your help!!

albeeno
Topic Author

You are a lifesaver, thank you so much, for your help!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion