Discussion topic: Poor WiFi signal

This message was authored by Annie260 This message was authored by: Annie260

Poor WiFi signal

I recently had my WiFi repaired as my signal was weak. The engineer who repaired it said that it was faulty underground and from the box. It has been like this since I moved in December 2022 and I have been paying for super fast broadband all this time. Why wasn't this picked up that my signal was weak. I am very unhappy that I have been paying for this service all this time when I have been receiving less than half the speed I was promised when it was installed. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Poor WiFi signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Annie260 had you reported the issue? Sky do not routinely monitor line speeds for customers it is an additional service they offer with their add-on psckages. Did you buy Broadband Boost?  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Annie260 

WiFi is not the same thing as broadband. Where the Guaranteed Minimum Download Speed  is not met for broadband delivered to the Hub, Sky can refund one month's subscription fee once the customer notifies them and the fault is remedied by Openreach: they permit this to be claimed once in a minimum contract term.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Annie260
Topic Author
This message was authored by Annie260 This message was authored by: Annie260

I had reported it but it said that it had sorted itself, then more recently the signal really reduced and we were unable to stream so I checked the line via the app and it said there was a fault. This was the first time it had said this even though over the year our WiFi had been intermittent. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion