Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by AndrewSimpson This message was authored by: AndrewSimpson

Re: Playstation Portal can’t connect to the internet

I am still out of luck , Is it worth getting in contact with sky tomorrow or can anyone else suggest something for me to try . This is ridiculous 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@AndrewSimpson When you did the ip reserve, did it work ok and assign the settings, Ip name and mac.

So if you never used it before, there is only one entry in that page if you look at it?

I cannot see sky being able to assist you, but if they do then first request will be hold the reset for 20sec or so to reset the router, and if you have any custom settings they will be gone as it does the factory reset unless you have used backup/restore before for the quick recovery, but it is always an option. Link below explains take a quick look

Find, change or reset your WiFi password | Sky Help | Sky.com

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndrewSimpson 

Have you looked at other threads on the forum for an answer? You can use this search link to see all Playstation portal threads

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by AndrewSimpson This message was authored by: AndrewSimpson

Hi James I have,

I tried to spoof my Mac Adress on my pc just to see if the auth would go through , but that also failed to work . I don't know if someone from sky can authorise a MAC address for me but I'm starting to really run out of ideas now . It's a real shame because I only recently bought my portal and got out of a poor ISP contract . Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place . I'm just hoping that someone can come to my rescue .

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndrewSimpson 

Sky hubs do not have MAC filtering so that wouldn't help.

Have you tried factory resetting your router and starting again?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

I have held the reset button down for 30 seconds to see if that gave me any luck , unfortunately it didn't . I can try go into the settings when I'm back home and reset it but I'm not holding out hope 

Tried to give that ago and reset my router , didn't work , not surprised but I'm annoyed now because I honestly fell like I have went through every avenue and nothing has worked . I bought the portal for convenience around the home when I'm not in the mood to play at my set up . But this router has turned it into a glorified £250 paper weight . Can someone from sky please get in touch with me about my issue . I think I will need a older version of the router which won't cause this block to occur .

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@AndrewSimpson As others like yourself are having portal problems, can you see and respond to the post off number 8 and 11, when you get time. And what others have found may not work for everyone we are here to try and help if we can. Jim 

This message was authored by PiotrK This message was authored by: PiotrK

Re: Play station portal

Anyone else had any luck with connecting to the sky box router?

This message was authored by PSunhappy This message was authored by: PSunhappy

@PiotrK  Go into the router settings from a laptop and try a factory reset. I tried it on two routers, worked on both. 

Thanks, I've tried and still getting the message "This network requires an additional validation that used web browser"...

I've also tried splitting the wifi to 2.4 and 5GHz and connecting to the latter. Same result.

Really not sure why it was working with the old router

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

Read one of my posts a few back. I had this issue too and only got  sorted when a tech came and reserved the iP address on the internet settings wusing the portal MAC address. Should be somewhere explaining how to do that as the tech done it for me 

@PiotrK Did you try accessing the router settings from a device and restoring to factory settings? Its worked every time for me 

@PSunhappy Yes, I've tried that today and still no luck

@PiotrK @Have you got your old sky router, I found factory reset worked on both. Would be nice if @Sky actually looked into thenproblem

properly. Its clearly a Sky router issue, I suspect they are updating the router which probably increases security. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion