Discussion topic: Play station portal

This message was authored by Superleeds123 This message was authored by: Superleeds123

Re: PlayStation portal won’t connect to Sky internet

I was the same then I just unplugged the router plugged it back in and it's been back on ever since 

This message was authored by Lukee90 This message was authored by: Lukee90

Re: Play station portal

I will try this later. As still after 1 week and a new router etc still won't connect to my portal. 

This message was authored by Superleeds123 This message was authored by: Superleeds123

This morning sky installed full fibre complete with a new router and once again the portal would not connect so again I removed the power cord from the router and plugged it straight back in and once again the portal connected straight away , it's a very odd way of reconnecting my portal but for me it's the only thing that has worked ,I'm due to speak with sky rep on Saturday I will ask him if he knows what's happening but at least my portal now works again 

Ok thank you. I will try later and I have an engineering coming tomorrow anyway to look at my set up as keeps dropping below guranateed speed. Will let you know later if this works. Fingers crossed!! 

Unplugged the power cable from the hub and straight back. Still same error and won't connect. 

how exactly did you do it please? 

Hi Lukee I can only tell you what happened with me ,so I'm with sky and got portal at Xmas it connected first time and was ok for a couple of weeks , I then had to change my router and that's when i got the sign in message phoned sky they didn't know ,anyway another agent told me to simply pull the plug out on the router this gives it a hard reset plugged it back it and great it connected first time .Now today my new broadband went live I yes portal disconnected but I repeated the power cable and it connected first time and is still connected.There is not much more I can add I am due to speak with sky Saturday afternoon about this so if he has any other information I will pass it on , really sorry it didn't work for you,for the record I'm now on full fibre,one more thing while I was trying to get it sorted I did try a old router from a couple of years ago and again it worked fine , I've also contacted Sony about this and there answer was to reboot portal that was it they were useless,there is one more thing you could do try connecting with your details already on the portal if that doesn't work reset the portal then remove router power cord then put it back in and start from scratch again , let me know how you get on and if I learn anything different I will post it here 

Yeah tried all that. Mine went funny after resetting router.  Had a new one sent and won't connect. Will connect to my dads router but not mine. Got an engineer coming tomorrow so hopefully then can see that's it's a certain setting and that's what's causing it. Will update tomorrow 

Hi yes it's all very odd for 2 days I tried just about everything I could think of nothing worked then I unplugged router and bang it worked , I've got a feeling it's the router causing the problems,let me know how it goes good luck mate

Sooooo. Engineer had no idea about this and tried a few things. The think that worked was to reserve an op address manually by adding the MAC address in the advanced settings on the hub. This comments now and works as normal!!

Well it looks like every portal has a different solution this is really going to be interesting with Sony ,they need to sort this out some way and just make it easier to connect to multiple wi-fi this needs to be done for people who are out and about ,but I'm really pleased yours is now working, mind you if your anything like me I still kept checking it for the first few days expecting it to be off 

Yeah. Its crazy something has been released with so little knowledge. Especially from a company as big as Sony!

I keep checking myself. Getting a bit of lag on it but giving it a day to connect and stay connected and smooth out. But Hey ho, I'm connected again after a week of pain and frustration. Now the mrs and kids can have the tv back 😂

Hi mate glad to hear your portal is going ok mines still fine though I get a little lag occasionally even though my internet speed is around 140 still I've only just upgraded it should settle over the next couple of weeks ,oh I was supposed to get a sky cell back today about the problem but it never came typical sky ,if there is anything else you need drop me a message take care mate 

I'm on 500mbps download and get a tiny lag sometimes. Not input lag more of a stutter but goes if I play on the portal a while and bear with it 
have you changed the settings on the PlayStation display. 1080p and refresh rate etc I find that helps. 
thanks for your help and advice with all of this 

I will have a look at the settings thanks and not a problem sometimes it helps a little that it's not in your own head and you can chat with other people to try and find solutions after all just because something doesn't work for one doesn't mean it won't work for somebody else , thanks for your help as well ,oh just one thing have you had any problems with the joypad sticking mine has just stated doing it occasionally if it's not one thing it's another cheers mate 

I haven't no fortunately. 
Maybe call PlayStation uk as we got 12 month warranty on them where they will replace once's with issues etc.Maybe worth a call

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion