Discussion topic: Phone line needs to be moved

This message was authored by RKH6898 This message was authored by: RKH6898

Phone line needs to be moved

Hi people

I am currently having work done on my house.  I currently have 3 phone lines in the house but only 1 can be used as it's the only 1 next to a socket to plug to Router in to.

The problem I'm now facing is all the wires are affixed to the current Architrave and been painted over many a time and the Architrave is due to be replaced.

I am worried that if I try pry them off I'll damage to cable and have no Internet.

How do I arrange to get an engineer out to have the cables re run elsewhere and so the router doesn't have to be behind our bed anymore!

Sorry for long message

Thanks

Ryan 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Phone line needs to be moved

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RKH6898 

Only a move of the master socket can be booked with Openreach by Sky, for a fee. Extension cabling is entirely the responsibility of the householder, and neither the ISP/telco or Openreach will touch that, not will they make good any existing cabling or damage caused by its removal.

It's perhaps worth noting that internal extensions effectively become obsolete once telephony over IP arrives.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Re: Phone line needs to be moved

Run a check on  line with  your  post code  to see if you  can get fttp, full fibre  to the property, if you  can then a new o n t box can be  put in a different place in the house more convenient  to  you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion