Discussion topic: No internet and phone for 7 days

This message was authored by Dorset+mark This message was authored by: Dorset+mark

No internet and phone for 7 days

My internet and phone has not worked for 7 days my location is Verwood in Dorset 

I've look on sky web site shows NO outrage in Verwood Dorset 

Evey time I phone sky they are saying the outrage is in Ferndown telephone exchange in Dorset 8 miles away from my home address it's got to go through 3 towns to get to me ! ,

Had a look on internet found my local telephone exchange is only 2 streets away from my home address and open reach uses this exchange for the Verwood internet/ phone connection ,

Can anybody tell me is over 7 days normal for a repair on the internet and it's still not fixed,

Can  anbody tell me is a telephone exchange which is 8 miles away normal as I have a local exchange in Verwood 2 streets away is sky wronge saying my exchange is in Ferndown 8 miles away, 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No internet and phone for 7 days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dorset+mark 

It depends on where the fault is exactly. If Openreach have to dig the road or pavement to fix things, they have to get permission from the local council and then raise a crew to carry out the work. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Dorset+mark these days the connection from the fibre cabiner does go to your local exchange. After Openreach de-commission the copper phone network they plan to close over 2 in 3 local exchanges. Unfortunately a fault at an exchsnge can take a while to get sorted. You. Should be paid compensation when the line is back up Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Dorset+mark
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dorset+mark This message was authored by: Dorset+mark

Update on my 7 days without internet and phone ,

openreach still not updated there notes last updated last Tuesday , 

phoned on Friday no update , sky keep on saying they are working on this problem , I've said I need my internet back asap they have told me to go and buy a dongle and put a claim against Openreach ....really I'm not pay for a dongle , 

I've carried out searchers on the internet sky website shows NO outage in Verwood Dorset I've gone onto other web sites they also shows No outage  in Verwood Dorset ,

I asked my neighbours in street they have internet and phone I've even asked people down the local pub they are all working ,

seems it just me , BUT sky keep on saying Verwood is out , Just don't know what to do, Now Sunday still not working ,

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Dorset+mark wrote:

they have told me to go and buy a dongle and put a claim against Openreach ....really I'm not pay for a dongle 

Your choice, but the advice is mostly correct.  ISPs do not have to provide such hardware (Sky doesn't do so for its domestic subscribers) and the retrospective Ofcom-overseen compensation scheme (£9.33 per day) is intended to go towards covering the cost of this and a data SIM.  Compensation is paid in the form of a credit against the ISP account once a fault is resolved: the ISP then charges Openreach,  effectively as a penalty fee for not meeting their two working days time to fix target.

Note that the appropriate device is typically a cellular data router rather than a 'dongle'.  

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Dorset+mark wrote:

I asked my neighbours in street they have internet and phone I've even asked people down the local pub they are all working ,

seems it just me , 

@Dorset+mark 

If your issue isn't part of a large outage affecting a lot of people Openreach won't be working on it at a weekend anyway. Openreach aren't the best at updating their isp's at the best of times. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion