Discussion topic: Phone line installation

This message was authored by BunnyRabbit1982 This message was authored by: BunnyRabbit1982

Phone line installation

I've just added. broadband to my package and its set up for an engineer to come out and install a phone line but I already have a working line. How do I change it to remote setup?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Phone line installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BunnyRabbit1982 you probably can't because it is likely Openreach are going to switch the old line from copper to full fibre. You can check by entering your full address into the following checker Openreach Checker

If you want help in understanding the output post thectable and first 3 lines of the notes having removed the reference to your address.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
BunnyRabbit1982
Topic Author
This message was authored by BunnyRabbit1982 This message was authored by: BunnyRabbit1982

No that's not what I was after it's just availability for broadband services. Thank you anyway
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BunnyRabbit1982 

It also tells you if installer attendance is inevitable: where FTTP is available at an address it's the only thing an ISP can order and remote activation is not an option.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion