Discussion topic: Packet loss during gaming on PS5

This message was authored by frankgammon27 This message was authored by: frankgammon27

Packet loss during gaming on PS5

I've had sky broadband for a few years now and for gaming it's been dreadful. We get around 55mbps download and 8 upload into the property. It got to the point where it's unfair that I kept telling my other half to not watch Netflix or be on her phone whilst I was gaming so I decided to ditch the sky router and purchase the TP - Link AC2800 which has QoS. Since purchasing and setting it up. Named all the products in my house, set my Ps5 and made a port for fifa 23 servers too set them to priority at 70% then had my phone, partners phone, sky Q system and my LG TV all in at 20% and then basic stuff like Alexa , cameras and work iPads/laptops on 10%. After doing plenty of tests yes QoS does work howeve it doesn't stop me lagging / getting pack loss obviously playing on PS5 the only way I know this happening is I get every symbol under the sun come up whilst I'm in game. I tested this issue yesterday as I got so angry with by literally unplugging everything from my network apart from my phone and my ps5 worked fine until I started scrolling through tiktok and watching Netflix. Then I removed my phone and just linked LG TV and streamed Netflix and boom same thing. I've even set my PS5 a DMZ to open it right up but doesn't make a difference.  I've tried everything that I know and that of my knowledge can do. If anyone has any advice I'm willing to give it a go however when I was with BT , I never had this issue 2 years ago so something tells me it has to be with skys routing beyond my property.

All Replies

frankgammon27
Topic Author
This message was authored by frankgammon27 This message was authored by: frankgammon27

Re: Packet loss during gaming on PS5

I forgot to add - my PS5 is Eth to router , my main sky box is Eth to router , my LG TV is Eth to router and one of my Q minis is Eth too, I have a 5 port unmanaged switch in my games room but it's only being used for two ports. Yes I've tried replacing ALL eth cables, I've taken the switch out of the system I've tried changing everything. 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you frankgammon27. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion