Discussion topic: PLEASE PLEASE HELP, SKY MAX HUB πŸ˜•

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP, SKY MAX HUB πŸ˜•

IMG_2581.png

 Once in the app go to the Broadban's section, choose product setting and then the hub and you can change the ssid and password to wait is already saved in your devices

all my ring devices laptops consoles and gaming pc all reconnected automatically or on next restart

This message was authored by JR781 This message was authored by: JR781

Just gone into Max and having similar no ends of problems.  The connection is all over the place, the TV will not connect or the Sky stream whatsoever, just a blank screen when turn on.  The connection entirely drops out and even the heating turned itself on in the night so I have no clue what it is doing.  Has anyone else had some strange going ons after installing.  Original sky router was ok just the signal slightly weak in places.  

Catmad90
Topic Author
This message was authored by Catmad90 This message was authored by: Catmad90

Hi, sorry to hear that you are experiencing similar issues, they will have to send an engineer out.

They told me to use my old router and put a booster into the living room. Until there is a complete update, the sky Max router is unusable for many. 

Hope you get it sorted 🀞

This message was authored by QuantumPulse This message was authored by: QuantumPulse

This is true. This works fine. But it is still impossible to separate the networks. In general, there are not many settings left for the Sky Max user. And this is very sad.

This message was authored by GeoWolf58 This message was authored by: GeoWolf58

Had a Sky Tech Engineer out to mine. He explained that the white Sky Max Wi-Fi hub is a waste of time. It is the only piece of Sky equipment that is out of sync with the rest. Does not know why Sky still offers it.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GeoWolf58 wrote:

It is the only piece of Sky equipment that is out of sync with the rest. Does not know why Sky still offers it.

Possibly because it's by far the newest  and really supposed to replace the other kit?

After PSTN switch-off at the end of next year all Q and earlier Hub models are obsolete because only the Sky Broadband Hub and Max Hub support Sky Talk Internet Calls.

In addition, the Sky Broadband Hub (released in 2019) will always be WiFi 5 rather than WiFi 6 and can never offer WPA3 because that requires hardware as well as software, which means Apple already regards it as antique.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Perhaps also worth noting that the Broadband Hub would be the last model developed in-house by Sky prior to acquisition by Comcast.  Max (and particularly the 'pods') is largely based on proprietary technology licensed in from Plume, and adoption of that was presumably heavily influenced by the new owners.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Catmad90
Topic Author
This message was authored by Catmad90 This message was authored by: Catmad90

Hi, yes my engineer said exactly the same. I honestly don't know why they marketed and distributed this either?

Terrible product. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Catmad90 oddly I have been using the Sky Max SR213 hub for over 3 months with zero issues. Granted I dont have any of the pods but the SR213 hub seems perfectly fine. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by GeoWolf58 This message was authored by: GeoWolf58

Since my problems with the Max Hub in the first 2 weeks, everything has been fine for nearly 2 months now. Sky did do some work with the signal to my hub from their end to iron out the issues. But the Max Hub is now delivering what i believe is a good service to me. The Wi-Fi signal is a lot better than the old Sky Q hub.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion