Discussion topic: Outage since yesterday

This message was authored by Hamdiye This message was authored by: Hamdiye

Outage since yesterday

Internet down since yesterday. It says there is a outage in your area. Does this mean all the people connected to the cabinet is affected or is it just me. And I wonder how long is going to take to fix it. 

Moderator note: Changed title to reflect topic more.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Internet down

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hamdiye 

As customers we can't tell you how many customers are affected or when it's likely to be fixed unfortunately. I suggest you report it to Sky when you can. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Hamdiye
Topic Author

Re: Outage since yesterday

Up date on this it's still not fixed. its being seven days now. Sky knows there is a outage.

Would also like to ask can you cancel sky online. I'm out of contract. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Hamdiye wrote:

Would also like to ask can you cancel sky online. I'm out of contract. 

@Hamdiye 
To cancel Sky Broadband and Sky Talk totally, or if you’re moving to a provider like Virgin Media or City Fibre etc who don’t use the Openreach set up, you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

If you are changing to another provider who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf. Be aware cancelling/moving now will just move the faul

Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period(s). Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Hamdiye changing ISP will take time normally at least 2 weeks and if switching to another supplier who also uses Openreach the line issue moves with you. It is frustrating when a line is down but you are due compensation see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Hamdiye
Topic Author

Guys when it says there is a outage in your area exactly where it is if any of you know. I know it's not the cabinet because no one is working on it. 

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Hamdiye It depends on the scale of the outage, if no one has been working on the cabinet then it may well be the fault is within the exchange.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

@Hamdiye 

If Openreach are going to have to dig up the road or pavement they'll have to obtain the relevant permission from the local authority.

Sky customer since 2001
Hamdiye
Topic Author

OK guys thanks for the info. Since sky don't know when it will be fixed. Got to make my mind up. Go with virgin which I find their price is high or go with commutiy fibre  with non customer support and but on  cgnat which is not good for gaming. 

This message was authored by Sopoppie This message was authored by: Sopoppie

Ours is down completely since yesterday too. There are no updates except to say it's down in our area. 

Sky you need better communication with your customers!  Vague statements are not useful when we all rely in our broadband for so much now. 

Updates please and explanations. 

@Sopoppie 
This is a customer helps customer forum so you’re not contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on here. Sky can only provide information that Openreach give them. That is something Openreach are somewhat poor at. 

iIts unrealistic to expect Sky, or any isp, to be able to update individual customers in a certain area. They won't know who is being affected.

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you notify Sky of the fault, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account (new rates apply from 01/04/24 of £9.76 per day).

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion