Discussion topic: Openreach Engineers turned up but was unable due to lack of infrastructure that they require

This message was authored by Connor+W This message was authored by: Connor+W

Openreach Engineers turned up but was unable due to lack of infrastructure that they require

the engineers from Openreach attended as scheduled (Jeremy and another person I don't know the name of) the attempted installation however the infrastructure required wasn't present and I was wondering what skys obligation is when it comes to not meeting the contract requirements of broadband on the date the promised me is there a temporary internet service they could provide me until Openreach manage to attend and lay the infrastructure they require or am I required to provide temporary internet for myself.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Openreach Engineers turned up but was unable due to lack of infrastructure that they require

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Connor+W wrote:

is there a temporary internet service they could provide me until Openreach manage to attend and lay the infrastructure they require or am I required to provide temporary internet for myself.

Sky does not provide temporary service of any kind.

Failure to start broadband on the date promised should be covered by the relevant Ofcom compensation scheme.

Delays with the start of a new service Their provider promises to start a new service on a particular date, but fails to do so. £5.25 for each calendar day of delay, including the missed start date.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

Connor+W
Topic Author

Re: Openreach Engineers turned up but was unable due to lack of infrastructure that they require

Edit: he did say he was going to explain in his notes for this job the above 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Connor+W wrote:

is there a temporary internet service they could provide me until Openreach manage to attend and lay the infrastructure they require or am I required to provide temporary internet for myself.

Sky does not provide temporary service of any kind.

Failure to start broadband on the date promised should be covered by the relevant Ofcom compensation scheme.

Delays with the start of a new service Their provider promises to start a new service on a particular date, but fails to do so. £5.25 for each calendar day of delay, including the missed start date.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Connor+W if you are getting a full fibre installation as opposed to a copper phoneline the delay can be considerable especially if they need to dig up the road as Openreach thought they did for my installation.

Overall it took 6 weeks longer than the planned 6 weeks so 12 weeks overall. Hopefully yours will be quicker. but be prepared for a long delay. The compensation is paid via Sky but is only calculated after the job is complete.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Connor+W
Topic Author

I think it’s just a copper installation super fast package not fibre 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion