Discussion topic: Old analog cables coming into my house

This message was authored by Jayden_m This message was authored by: Jayden_m

Old analog cables coming into my house

It's recently come to my attention that I have old analog cables supplying my wifi which are pitted and corroded.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Old analog cables coming into my house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jayden_m Inthink what you mean is your home is connected by a copper phone line as all broadband is digital. While full fibre is being installed across the country by Openreach only around 50% of homes have got it so far.This page lists what is the planfor your area https://www.openreach.com/broadband-network/fibre-availability. In theory you can pay to have fibre run before the mass roll out but its pricy often well into 5 figures.

The only way you would get the copper line replaced is if it fails to deliver the guaranteed speed set for your line and even then only if it is economic to do so. Not surprisingly when the BT group are investing many billions in fibre they are reluctant to spend much on the soon to be redundant copper network.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion