Discussion topic: No new hub for full fibre activation

This message was authored by RedHeadedVixen This message was authored by: RedHeadedVixen

No new hub for full fibre activation

Hi all This is my first post & I thought I'd place this before calling Sky back! A few weeks ago I ordered Full Fibre & got a activation & engineer visit arranged for August 14th...I was happy with that. I was told I'd receive the new hub before the the 14th. A few days ago I received a text from Openreach saying they'd done what they needed to & I could have a new engineer app for this coming Wednesday (24th July) excellent!! I've kept checking my "My Sky" app for the updates date & it still said 14th Aug. I tried to call yesterday, but obviously the lines were down. I checked my app today & it said I needed to speak to someone. So I called, waited about 10mins, only to be told that the system wouldn't allow them to send it out for Wednesday!! I'd have to call Sky when the engineer had activated the line for them to send out a new hub. That the line needed to be active first. I asked if my current Sky hub would work until the new hub arrived, "No, it's too old" So I'll be paying for FFBB & not have access to it, which will obviously affect my Sky TV package as well. I've been back through the information I have & found that you can have the hub before the activation date and just not use it yet or once it's received, here's the info for setting it up! It's annoying why they can't speak to someone and have them send it out ready for Wednesday!! I'm livid! We pay for a service, we stay loyal to the company & we get little return. I just want to be able to use my FFBB from Wednesday. That's clearly too much to ask! Has anyone else been through something similar? Was the information they Sky Agent gave me 100% accurate ?? Can anyone help? Please 🙏

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: No new hub for full fibre activation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RedHeadedVixen  Which hub do you have just now from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@RedHeadedVixen 

The white Max Hub and the black Sky Broadband Hub are the models specified for FTTP.  The Q Hub* can also work for FTTP broadband, but not the bundled Sky Talk Internet Calls telephony.

*At least the ER115: not sure if the ER110 can as well. For Q models the ethernet cable from the ONT goes into port #4 on the Hub.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
RedHeadedVixen
Topic Author
This message was authored by RedHeadedVixen This message was authored by: RedHeadedVixen

I currently have the Sky Q hub 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@TimmyBGood  I thought that Q model routers only had 2 ports on the back of them and it was only the SR203/4 & SR213 that had 4 ports on them.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion