Discussion topic: No internet

This message was authored by JackGriggs This message was authored by: JackGriggs

No internet

Internet went down last week for two days, due to an external fault that was resolved within three days.
Now a week later, and the Wi-Fi is down yet again, rang up and spent an hour on the phone only to be told that it must be a problem with our router, even though it is only one month old and have to wait almost 2 weeks for the next available appointment for a technician. My partner works from home and now cannot have an income for 2 weeks. Any help ?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: No internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JackGriggsPicking which hub you have from the link below can you follow which lights are on to enable us to help you further. This may lead to doing a broadband test or finding out this new router could be faulty.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
JackGriggs
Topic Author
This message was authored by JackGriggs This message was authored by: JackGriggs

I've already done all of this and to no avail. 

the customer service man said there's a fault in the system but says inside the house. It's been working fine for the past week and we haven't touched it. 
I just don't understand why we have to wait almost 2 weeks for an engineer. Surely there's a fault policy that says the longest time you are to wait for a technician?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@JackGriggsThat 2 week wait is this for someone from Sky or is this Openreach that is coming out. As normally they give out the first available date that someone in your area is available to take.

JackGriggs
Topic Author

This is for sky technician. However he said it may not even be able to fix it that day as they don't know what the actual fault is, just that it's in the house somewhere. 
he said the earliest is 29th November. 

however when I rang last week it was only a 48 hour wait for a technician 

@JackGriggsWhat happened to the old router that you had before that new one and do you still have it?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion