Discussion topic: No internet but everything good according to Sky online test

This message was authored by Jacopo This message was authored by: Jacopo

No internet but everything good according to Sky online test

Hi,

I'm a new customer, my internet was activated yesterday (received confirmation from both Sky and OpenReach), but after connecting the router, only the "power" and "wifi" lights turn on, nothing else. If trying to connect to it, I am simply taken to a "Connection diagnosis" page.

Looking at previous posts in this forum, I decided to wait and simply test it again today, with no luck.

I have used multiple times the "broadband test" both using the mobile app and the website, and every time it showed no issues. Out of curiosity I have tried completely unplugging the router, and according to the broadband test everything was fine once again. On top of that, it is also displaying that I have used 19Gb so far, which I find bizzare.

Is Sky testing the wrong account/line? Either way, is there anything I can try to fix this?

Thank you.

Below are images of the broadband test result (including data usage), and the actual page I get when connecting to the router.

Jacopo_0-1719388606251.png

Jacopo_1-1719388845260.png

All Replies

Jacopo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jacopo This message was authored by: Jacopo

Re: No internet but everything good according to Sky online test

Update:

I called and after trying different fixes, a visit from an engineer was scheduled a week from now.

I am really thankful to Alena (not sure on the spelling, I am very sorry if it's wrong) for the  assistance. She's been lovely, and really helpful.

I'll update further if the issue is solved. I'm still a little confused about the data usage but hopefully it's just an error.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion