Discussion topic: No broadband though sky checks say all os fine

This message was authored by Btisbetter This message was authored by: Btisbetter

No broadband though sky checks say all os fine

I wish I wish I'd stayed with BT.  The service rarely dropped and if it did it was rectified fast.

Why oh why wasn't i told there was no ability to record live sports or long news programs when the sweet talking devil convinced naive about streaming me to change over to sky stream with the promise of great service with cheaper prices. 
Oh the assumptions I made. And assumption is the mother of all **bleep** ups. What a **bleep** up I have made.

Soon as this contract is done I'm gone.

Anyway, the service goes down (just when I'm watching my fave program, obviously) and according to all the self checks there's nothing wrong. I do all the nonsense suggested and still no service, even though self check insist nothing is wrong. The virtual chat takes me around in a giant circle over and over, also insisting nothing is wrong. This is the future it seems. 
I think it may be a local outage but I can't get any truth from anything...I won't say anyone as real people contact is a thing of the past.

So any ideas on how to get real answers? I can put up with problems as they happen at times but what is the problem? A local outage, a problem in the house? No one in the home is enjoying this 'service' I need to give them something! That it's not as bad as we've experienced so far! 

How do I fix it? Since nothing I've tried or seen so far is of any help at all! 
Sorry about the whinge but I really needed that! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Alliso This message was authored by: Alliso

Re: No broadband though sky checks say all os fine

Same mines is down  as couple put up on fb I'm using data only as I can't get Internet wifi

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No broadband though sky checks say all os fine

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Btisbetter you are not talking to Sky by posting in this forum. You clearly feel strongly that Sky have misled you and if you are in the first 31 days you can leave without penalty if you somwish. 

Sky broadband uses the same Openreach network as BT/EE use and has therefore very similar reliability. One wrinkle you need to be aware of is when accessing the connection test in the My Sky app it first shows the result from the last routine test which if the connection has just failed may not be up to date so click to run it again. Just as with BT line issues take time to be passed from Openreach to the isps but the test will tell you if Sky are aware of an area fault. Exactly as with BT faults on domestic lines are subject to Openreach's SLA which means they are only worked on during the working day so being able to report a fault at 11pm or at 8am the next day will not cause a delay.

Couple of points abour Sky Stream first if you add a sports event to the Playlist it should makea cloud recording. I find the most reliable way to set this up,is to choose the event from the TV guide as then all future linked events are picked up. Long news programmes are difficult as often they do not have a slot but where the broadcaster has designated  a start and finish time they too should cloud record on Sky's channels. The BBC and ITV dont always permit recording requiring people to use iPlayer or ITVx apps instead and sometimes there is a delay before programmes appear and some dont get loaded at all including regional news programmes. Sky cannot force third party broadcasters to follow the rules.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion