Discussion topic: No WiFi at front of the door of my flat

This message was authored by Tnnrs1 This message was authored by: Tnnrs1

No WiFi at front of the door of my flat

We. Seem to loose WiFi connection as soon as stand at front door at our small 1 bedroom ground floor flat. We used to have same issue with Virgin media. They gave us WiFi booster which didn't work!🤦‍♂️

@Sky.Sky 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: No WiFi at front of the door of my flat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tnnrs1  Which broadband package did you take out with Sky?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Tnnrs1
Topic Author

@Highlinder 

Sky broadband ultra fast 1 with sky WiFi max. It is a pain standing outside who's is only lesss than 20 ft from hub. I have to step back in or walk round to window to get a connection 🤦‍♂️

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Tnnrs1 quite a lot of flats have front doors containing metal which block Wifi signals. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Tnnrs1
Topic Author

@Chrisee  It is a real pain sitting in sun in your front garden when you searching stuff on your phone or tablet and it won't or take ages to load up or videos buff. 
when I was with virgin media we had WiFi boosters in hallway which didn't work properly

having issues with we pay extremely a lot of money for this privilege and none of  them can deliver a good service we pay for without making excuses it is this or could it could be that! 
and you can't talk to an human without going through Ai system 🤦‍♂️

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Tnnrs1 

No ISP offers WiFi coverage in outdoor spaces as a specific part of its product lineup.

One DIY solution might be a wireless access point positioned in a window and connected back to the Sky Hub over ethernet cable or Powerline network adapters.

Obviously when broadcasting a signal beyond your property boundary you'd want to be using WPA2-PSK encryption as a minimum, preferably with changed (and complex) wireless credentials.

Also note that unlike its users, hardware such as this doesn't enjoy summer sunshine...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion