Discussion topic: No Internet status upon trying to connect new Netgear AX1800 router to Openreach modem

This message was authored by Jeffbacca This message was authored by: Jeffbacca

No Internet status upon trying to connect new Netgear AX1800 router to Openreach modem

I received my Netgear AX1800 today to replace my Sky router. The AX1800 is router only, not modem.  I have assumed that is still OK to connect to the Openreach (what I assume is modem - pictured). The setup stalls at testing to see if the Netgear can reach the internet, which is cannot (orange light and returns the issue in the setup process. Any ideas? 

Jeffbacca_0-1683828355919.jpeg

Best Answers
Jeffbacca
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jeffbacca This message was authored by: Jeffbacca Answer

Re: No Internet status upon trying to connect new Netgear AX1800 router to Openreach modem

Hi, I think I got it going. I switched IPv4 to 'No Login ID needed' and enabled IPv6 on auto which got the conect light working. I switched off the ONT and router for a good while and now it all seems to work. 

I can't shake the feeling I need to do more in terms of config... but won't tempt fate. I do get an erratic speedtest around this time of day from 40mbps to 450mbps but I got that with the old sky router so I wonder of something out in the street is still wobbly. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: No Internet status upon trying to connect new Netgear AX1800 router to Openreach modem

@Jeffbacca 

One assumes you have set up DHCP Option 61 and DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation (PD) on the Netgear router.

And once this is done switch off the router and Optical Network Terminal (ONT) for 30 minutes then switch on again and it should connect.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jeffbacca 

Can you screenshot your configuration?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Jeffbacca
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jeffbacca This message was authored by: Jeffbacca Answer

Hi, I think I got it going. I switched IPv4 to 'No Login ID needed' and enabled IPv6 on auto which got the conect light working. I switched off the ONT and router for a good while and now it all seems to work. 

I can't shake the feeling I need to do more in terms of config... but won't tempt fate. I do get an erratic speedtest around this time of day from 40mbps to 450mbps but I got that with the old sky router so I wonder of something out in the street is still wobbly. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion