Discussion topic: New Sky User From New address - Hub being sent out

This message was authored by Phill+Stybar This message was authored by: Phill+Stybar

New Sky User From New address - Hub being sent out

Apologies if this seems like a stupid question, but am new to Sky & just want to check I;ve understood everything correctly!

I have booked an engineer to come out for our broadband a couple of days after we move into our new address.  I know they will send a Hub to the new address before we move in, which is fine - I should just be able to go & collect from the local office when I know delivery has been attempted.

My questions are;

1.  Currently when I log in to track my order, it just says to contact Sky as no info is available - I'm guessing this updates when the Hub has actually been sent out & I will be able to track the delivery?  I registered last Thursday, but the engineer is not due until 24/2

2.  Do they need to deliver this to a person, or would they theoretically leave on the doorstep if nobody was in?

Thanks all!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: New Sky User From New address - Hub being sent out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Phill+Stybar  If no one is at home when the router is delivered, there should be a card left for you to collect it from either the local delivery office if Royal mail deliver it or DPD, by asking them to deliver it on a different date.

You should get tracking information a few days before your service is due to start.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Phill+Stybar Sky dispatch hubs to arrive roughlu 2 days before tge installation. They normally use Royal Mail if you aren't in the postman leaves a card with instructions on where and how to pick up the package.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Phill+Stybar  If no one is at home when the router is delivered, there should be a card left for you to collect it from either the local delivery office if Royal mail deliver it or DPD, by asking them to deliver it on a different date.

You should get tracking information a few days before your service is due to start.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion