Discussion topic: New Build Broadband Nightmare

This message was authored by Almcquk This message was authored by: Almcquk

New Build Broadband Nightmare

Hello,

I have moved into a new build property with an openreach FTTP box installed with the correct green lights on.

I cannot order broadband at all, I have tried many times and even phoned the advisors at sky. They keep telling me they can't do it yet and they will call me back in a week. I need to get this sorted for work. Openreach won't respond to me either I have filled in the new build form on the website. My postcode is also registered with Royal Mail and I can see it on their postcode checker.

On the BT wholesale checker I get the message " FTTP Planned" with no date.

I also get the following message:

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Multi Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is in Planned status. An order may be placed which will be processed when the network is ready.

If anyone has any experience or insight I would really appreciate it.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: New Build Broadband Nightmare

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AlmcqukWhat information does this site give you back on the services available to you.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Almcquk
Topic Author
This message was authored by Almcquk This message was authored by: Almcquk

Hi @Highlinder this is what it is giving me.

ABC47545-207D-4714-81BC-BAD719289A18.png

this is a little confusing me as I have an openreach ONT in the house with the green lights, other houses in the street have FTTP.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Almcquk 

I'd suspect either databases haven't caught up yet, or some mistake has been made registering the development and the location marked as equipped for FTTP doesn't match the address.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Almcquk 

From personal experience: our property had two versions of its address when we moved in, one with a house name, and one without.

The FTTP rollout was marked against the second, but not the first, so availability of the product depended on which an ISP used for its sales procedure.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Almcquk 

Its also possible that the supporting infrastructure for the FTTP network in the newbuild estate isnt ready. So all the cables & ONT may be installed and ready in your home but the backend is not ready for ISPs to provide you with a service. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@jamesn123 wrote:

@Almcquk 

Its also possible that the supporting infrastructure for the FTTP network in the newbuild estate isnt ready. So all the cables & ONT may be installed and ready in your home but the backend is not ready for ISPs to provide you with a service. 

@Almcquk mentioned the correct green lights are on which I presume are the power and PON lights which would suggest the ONT is connected to the OLT in the exchange. If the infrastructure wasn't there the red LOS light would be on.

@simon194 wrote:

@jamesn123 wrote:

@Almcquk 

@Almcquk mentioned the correct green lights are on which I presume are the power and PON lights which would suggest the ONT is connected to the OLT in the exchange. If the infrastructure wasn't there the red LOS light would be on.

Doesnt mean everything is ready. It may well be connected and have light coming down the cable but that doesnt mean its ready to accept orders from ISPs. Might be which the checker says "An order may be placed which will be processed when the network is ready"

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion