Discussion topic: New Broadband customer but not showing on my account

This message was authored by KarnagePG This message was authored by: KarnagePG

New Broadband customer but not showing on my account

I'm currently a Sky Glass customer and have taken Sky Broadband at the end of May (the activation date is today).  However, when I log into my account it does not show I am a Broadband customer and wants me to buy it again.   

I did follow the instructions when I ordered the broadband to link my account and the connection is now active but still shows nothing in my account.

Any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by paulw12345 This message was authored by: paulw12345

Re: New Broadband customer but not showing on my account

I too am changing to sky broadband wednesday, my sky app does not show it either, guess it won't appear till you are actually using it...

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KarnagePGIs there anything showing in track orders in my account about your broadband activation?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@KarnagePG  It's likely once activation has completed then your broadband account will show.  It can take up to midnight for Sky's systems to update.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

KarnagePG
Topic Author

No, not a thing, there's no record of it other than confirmation emails.  When I click the broadband section it tries to sell me it again.

The connection is active now, as I'm using it so I definitely have it, there's just no record of it on my account.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@KarnagePG  In those emails is the account number the same as you have on your account when you login?

@KarnagePG   I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

KarnagePG
Topic Author

@GD1 & @Highlinder 

Thank you both, I've double-checked the emails and it is a different account number to my Sky Glass account.

I'll wait for them to get in contact and go from there.

Thank you again.

@KarnagePG  If you have Sky Glass the Broadband account will be seperate, when you log in using your Sky ID do you see both accounts?

@KarnagePGDid you use the same email address for both accounts?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent KarnagePG an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @KarnagePG  After checking it appears the broadband order was placed creating a new account, unfortunately the accounts can no be merged so a new sky id is needed for the new account or cancel new order and create again on the existing account.

Thanks for the escalation have a great day 😊

This message was authored by jordyp1993 This message was authored by: jordyp1993

Hi,

I appear to have the same issue as the above (not Sky Glass in my case, but a 5 year Sky TV  holder with same email address and details, but no access to my broadband on MySky - presumably different account IDs as mentioned above).

How do I get in touch to sort this out? I want to avoid phoning up and being passed through departments for hours on end, so is there a direct department I can speak to, to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion