Discussion topic: Network connection

This message was authored by J3bs This message was authored by: J3bs

Network connection

My sky q and sky minis lose network at least 4 times a week. No other devices will connect to the internet. However when I check it on the sky app it states the internet all "looks good"

Any tips and advice?? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Boo1uk This message was authored by: Boo1uk

Re: Network connection

Hi did you resolve this issue as we have the same with ours it's very poor it buffers ion the now TV stick/ roku box n the conservatory but doesn't on sky box in living room also effects boys xbox up stairs ? Cheers thanks
J3bs
Topic Author

Nope, it's just ongoing but clearly isn't the internet. I think the sky q box my be faulty. It seems to effect all the devices in our house.

i have booked a engineer 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@J3bs call Sky and explain that your Q boxes are losing connection and they will either send out an engineer to sort the issue or send you a WiFi booster.

@Boo1uk while Sky will take action if the Q boxes are not connecting they wont do the same for third party kit unless you buy an add-on package like Broadband Boost. Gaming over wifi is neverca good idea so forvtge Xbox you msybe bettervoff buying a powerline networking kit thst uses your house mains wiring tongetvthe signal upstairs.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
J3bs
Topic Author

I wish it was as simple as ringing up. I don't like to anymore as previously when I rang with a problem previously I was give sports free for 3 months. However it  Was never free and I was charged for 5 months before I noticed at a cost of roughly £60 a month. I logged a complaint and was told I would be contacted within a week. A month later and still no contact. Skys Customer service is awful 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@J3bs normally Sky are pretty good about responding to complaints but to find out what has gone wrong and tge sort your Q box issue Inhave escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get both sorted they usually can get to the bottom of mostvthings and if they cant sort something themselves thsy know someone who can .

. Keep an eye onnthe forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @J3bs  an invite to chat to look into the billing issue. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion