Discussion topic: NO SERVICE

This message was authored by John+wang This message was authored by: John+wang

boardband disconnected since midnight.

Down from about 1am and still did not connect yet. 

This message was authored by Annoyed12345 This message was authored by: Annoyed12345

Re: No service

My service is out and the date in the router logs is showing 1970 not 2023

This message was authored by Annoyed12345 This message was authored by: Annoyed12345

NO service

NO SERVICE since 1 Am

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: NO service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Annoyed12345 run the connection test in the My Sky app over a mobile connection to see if there is a known issue in your area. It could be over running maintaince work which is routinely done over night but normally stops sround 5am. 

If your line is still down around 8am call Sky to report a fault.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by NMK13 This message was authored by: NMK13

My service has been down since 5am

@Annoyed12345 the hub needs a connection to the internet to get the current date and time. You posted in another thread that your connection is down therefore the hub will show a notional date in 1970 its perfectly normal.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Re: boardband disconnected since midnight.

@John+wang you appear not to be alone. Run the Connection Test in the My Sky app over a mobile connection to check if there is a known fault. If there isn't call Sky to report the fault when the lines open in a few minutes.

Re: NO SERVICE

As @Daniel0210 posted Sky and Openreach do have to maintain the network thst work like roadworks happens over night. Normally lines come back up before 5am so its possible this is something else.

You should run the connection test in the My Sky app overca mobile connection as that will tell you about known issues in your area. If it doesnt and your service is still down when Sky's lines open from 7am call them and report the fault. If as this appears to be is a widespread issue those lines will get very busy. Area faults will be fixed as fast as possible but don't expect anyone to be able to give you an accurate estimate of how long that will take as the engineers will fix the problem as fast as they can.

This message was authored by Jaya-Gill1 This message was authored by: Jaya-Gill1

IMG_1719.jpeg

This message was authored by Jaya-Gill1 This message was authored by: Jaya-Gill1

I have exactly the same issue as all of you. I work for the NHS and am due to log on at 8am. Also my son works from home too..

What a total nightmare 

Worst thing is they have no one to talk to. The lines are closed until 9am. They should have 24hour support for issues like this

Totally agree!  There is no maintenance listed in my area, if a big outage in areas you would at least think there is a 24 hour monitoring going on 

@Jaya-Gill1 no idea who told you thst Sky's UK lines open from 7am and are fully staffed from 8am. However if there is a major outage they will be very busy. In practice Sky will put up a message if there is a significant outage. 

This message was authored by gezza7 This message was authored by: gezza7

Mine down as well Hedgereley , slough

Where will they put up this message?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion