Discussion topic: NO SERVICE

This message was authored by Anila70 This message was authored by: Anila70

NO SERVICE

no service on my sky. Randomly stopped working about 20 mins ago. No indication on the app that works are being carried out so very confused as to why I don't have service. It's so frustrating how bad sky internet is. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: NO SERVICE

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

We've been been advised the issue should now be resolved.  You may need tp reboot your sky hubs to resume your connection.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by pashasana This message was authored by: pashasana

My connection keeps dropping

Broadband connection keeps dropping, whole family is frustrated, have to switch off broadband and get on 4g mobile connection, have tried everything , result keeps coming back as adequate connection and speed.
This message was authored by Wolf77 This message was authored by: Wolf77

No service

Another day within a month without access to broadband.

I don't have time to chase sky all the time but this time I'm really not happy. I'm writing using my data on my phone as I cannot use my computer at home because the WiFi is down again. And for a long time. 
I want a refund and find another provider

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No service

@Wolf77 

Did you carry out the broadband test that was suggested on your other post last month? .
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic
If it finds an external fault it should give you the option to book an engineer.

As for a refund  this link outlines auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it, It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Jasmineg96 This message was authored by: Jasmineg96

My sky went out tonight aswell I think there may be works going on

This message was authored by APicardo This message was authored by: APicardo

No Internet

Connection dropped abruptly. Have done all the diagnostics recommended. Broadband is Still down. 

This message was authored by E.ferr This message was authored by: E.ferr

Yep mines gone down as well. An Absolute nightmare I'm in the middle of work. 

This message was authored by Jasmineg96 This message was authored by: Jasmineg96

I just checked and it says no work in my area so I'm not entirely sure what's going on but my son has Asperger's and uses his tablet to calm down when he gets over stimulated tomorrow mornings going to be fun 😒

This message was authored by Kiwi0101 This message was authored by: Kiwi0101

My service is out too - noticed at 1.26am

This message was authored by Ooya This message was authored by: Ooya

Same here just dropped down and been doing all the steps but the sky hud middle light is orange

This message was authored by Raphael1221 This message was authored by: Raphael1221

Down aswell, horsham area 

This message was authored by Bodybuilder999 This message was authored by: Bodybuilder999

Sky is absolutely shockingly awful! I will be cancelling immediately when service is back up. It hasn't been working since midnight and now the time is 6am, it's still the same nonsense! My brother who's at university couldn't use the internet to do important work. Now he has to leave the house 4 am to go to the library. 

I hope sky will be reimbursing me for this awful interruption; this is the third this month it has happened. Ridiculous 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

It could be that essential maintenance has been taking place. This is usually set to take place overnight when far fewer customers will be affected. With regards to compensation 
this link outlines auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it, It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

Sky customer since 2001

Re: No Internet

@APicardo 

The timing suggests it could be that essential maintenance has been taking place. This is usually set to take place overnight when far fewer customers will be affected by it. If it doesn't return this morning you'll need to report it to Sky. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Annoyed12345 This message was authored by: Annoyed12345

Same here is been off since about 1 am.  Router logs show the date 1970-01-01 🙄

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion