Discussion topic: My wifi connection is ok in most of the house, but I can’t connect to it from my attic room. What ca

This message was authored by Shahlene This message was authored by: Shahlene

My wifi connection is ok in most of the house, but I can’t connect to it from my attic room. What ca

An engineer has replaced the phone cable connection box because the WiFi was going disconnecting every 20 minutes. That has now resolved but I can't connect from my attic room.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: My wifi connection is ok in most of the house, but I can’t connect to it from my attic room. Wha

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky supply booster hardware free under the terms of the WiFi Guarantee part of the Broadband Boost subscription supplement, and to fix Q television problems. They don't otherwise provide or sell them. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: My wifi connection is ok in most of the house, but I can’t connect to it from my attic room. Wha

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shahlene a booster should help to some extent and is worth getting if you already buy the Broadband Boost bundle. You need to place it midway between the hub and the attic which typically would becthe fidt floor. 

However a lot depends on what you want to use the attic for as boosters have limited worth if you plan to use the room as an office or you have a tennager who wants to game. Given you will pay £5 a month for the boost bundle you can buy other alternatives for similar price. One thing to consider is a powerline networking kit thst uses the house's mains wiring to carry the signal. These can be bought with built-in wifi access points.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion