Discussion topic: My Sky super fast (far from it) Fibre all this week and last week intermittent?

This message was authored by EJ+Welch This message was authored by: EJ+Welch

My Sky super fast (far from it) Fibre all this week and last week intermittent?

My Sky super fast (far from it) Fibre all this week and last week intermittent? I thought it maybe to do with the sky contractors working on cable last week in the area, but they seem to have done the work and gone away. I thought my speed might have improved or it was due to them working in the area, but no change and it's just near impossible to get Sky service to inform them unless it's before 4pm..

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: My Sky super fast (far from it) Fibre all this week and last week intermittent?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EJ+Welch   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

EJ+Welch
Topic Author

Re: My Sky super fast (far from it) Fibre all this week and last week intermittent?

Sure will as soon as it picks up again.. Really dropping of the radar lol

EJ+Welch
Topic Author

Mmmm, reading some of the the post with same issues around the same dates, sems to me it's not local problem?

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@EJ+Welch wrote:

My Sky super fast (far from it) Fibre all this week and last week intermittent? I thought it maybe to do with the sky contractors working on cable last week in the area, but they seem to have done the work and gone away. I thought my speed might have improved or it was due to them working in the area, but no change and it's just near impossible to get Sky service to inform them unless it's before 4pm..

• Try the Broadband Test from the MySky app.
Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@EJ+Welch wrote:

Mmmm, reading some of the the post with same issues around the same dates, sems to me it's not local problem?

Sky supplies broadband to around six million properties, so with even a tiny percentage of Openreach problems at any point in time there are going to be multiple individual issues at addresses across the country, most often related to line quality on copper cable arriving at each particular location.   Larger scale slowdowns and outright failures do also happen, but are not constant occurances.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
EJ+Welch
Topic Author

Thank you for your response to help and all the other people as well, much appreciated.! Mmm tried to open 192.186.1.0 for stats, can't seem to, because username and password is not admin/admin or admin/password vice versa or admin/ sky or just sky? So maybe it is a route model that requires a a different username and password? Can't see a model name on my router?, I don't expect to much trouble from all you helpful folks.. so will just wait and see if the superfast BB comes back to normal very soon:) 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@EJ+WelchIt is not 1.0 it is 0.1 in order to get into the router settings.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Highlinder wrote:

@EJ+WelchIt is not 1.0 it is 0.1 in order to get into the router settings.

@EJ+Welch 

Also, 192.168 - rather than 186; unless that was simply a typo.

Default entry details are below the relevant Hub:

Hubs.png

Then to access follow the guide that @GD1 posted.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion