Discussion topic: Moving into new flat, will i still be paying for old tenants phone line ?

This message was authored by TMac3 This message was authored by: TMac3

Moving into new flat, will i still be paying for old tenants phone line ?

So as i was looking for broadband deals, after entering my new postcode it came up that there already was an active phone line in the property  (had no clue from landlord). Just to keep costs down we decided we didnt need a land line. 
please tell me if im just overthinking or if im actually gonna have to call sky and ask them to disconnect it
Thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Moving into new flat, will i still be paying for old tenants phone line ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TMac3 

If you opt for sky pay as you talk then you won't pay anything if you don"t have a phone also there is no line rental. However you still need a copper line or fibre optic line to carry the broadband signal

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving into new flat, will i still be paying for old tenants phone line ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TMac3 

'Lines' aren't 'disconnected': that's an obsolete concept from the days of manual switchboards.  It's easier to think of the copper wire or optical cable as plumbing: it's the service being delivered over it which has a cost.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion