Discussion topic: Moving house

This message was authored by Paulo13 This message was authored by: Paulo13

Moving house

I moved back to Edinburgh, but the place doesn't have instalation to skybroadband, i need some help with it

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Moving house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paulo13 

Broadband from a particular ISP has to be specifically provisioned at a particular address: it doesn't follow an ISP router around the national telecoms network.

You'll need to order service at the address by booking a Home Move: that will confirm which broadband technology is available and whether new cabling is required (particularly for FTTP)

Unfortunately you're looking at a minimum two week lead time to receive service.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Paulo13 You need to book a home move to take your services with you, you should be able to do that via this link https://www.sky.com/moving-home if it doesn't work you will have to call, be aware there is a minimum 10 working day lead time for broadband nstall and activations.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Paulo13 

Broadband from a particular ISP has to be specifically provisioned at a particular address: it doesn't follow an ISP router around the national telecoms network.

You'll need to order service at the address by booking a Home Move: that will confirm which broadband technology is available and whether new cabling is required (particularly for FTTP)

Unfortunately you're looking at a minimum two week lead time to receive service.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Paulo13
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paulo13 This message was authored by: Paulo13

Thanks man.. All resolved now, aye unfortunately I have to wait 2 weeks.. Anyway my fault.. Thanks for your help 💪

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion