Discussion topic: Moved house, Sky hub to Openreach master Socket 5C

This message was authored by Lyn0 This message was authored by: Lyn0

Moved house, Sky hub to Openreach master Socket 5C

I have an openreach master socket 5c, mk4 at my new house. I have brought over the sky hub from my old house. Got the text this morning to say my line is ready but can't connect. I can't run the troubleshoot either. 

Is this setup correct? I don't have a cable to fit in the left hand socket. It only goes in the right hand one with the phone symbol above it.

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Moved house, Sky hub to Openreach master Socket 5C

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lyn0  I beleive it should be plugged into the other socket marked data, you will need a different lead for this, i'm sure another post will be able to advise of the type needed.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Lyn0  You need to take the rj-11 which normally goes into the filter and plug that into the left socket and if you have internet calls then you will have to plug your phone into the back of the router. There is no need for a filter as it is built into the master socket.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Lyn0
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lyn0 This message was authored by: Lyn0

Thanks, I'll need to grab myself a RJ11 to RJ11 by the looks of it? In order to use the purple LH slot on the hub and the LH port on the master socket?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Lyn0  You should already have the rj-11 cable it just plugs into the socket that is not where the telephone plugs in.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion