Discussion topic: McAfee

This message was authored by alan.pres This message was authored by: alan.pres

McAfee

McAfee is telling me my subscription is about to expire.  But I pay Sky for this, so what's happening here? 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: McAfee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alan.pres 

You can no longer resubscribe, download to a new device or reinstall thru sky.  You would need to cancel your subscription with sky and go to Mcafee uk directly

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@alan.pres to add there are far better and cheaper security options around than Mcafee. If you do want to stay with and Macafee buy from an online retailers which can save on the subscription price direct. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
alan.pres
Topic Author

This has not really answered my question.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@alan.pres 

Sky Broadband ceased its promotional relationship with McAfee several years ago: existing subscriptions billed through Sky continued at the reduced rare, but no new installation was possible.  It's quite likely that McAfee have now ended the relationship entirely, but you should check with Sky that they are no longer going to be charging you. As @Chrisee indicates, many other such products are available: there was nothing special about McAfee and Sky Broadband other than the discounted pricing.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by minnieMoo This message was authored by: minnieMoo

Hi, I have been experiencing problems for the last 2 weeks with messages on McAfee saying computer at risk, and unable to update , also my subscription was changed to a 28 day trial.......all this with no notification from Sky. After several phones , no one at Sky knew anything about it despite it saying on my account that the "Sky McAfee management tool was broken"  No one could explain this.

I have now cancelled my subscrption with Sky hoping that it will be reflected in my next billing period and will be buying a much cheaper package or even download a freebie. At the moment I have 26 days left as McAfee very kindly extended my trial period. After the trial it will be £21 year with auto renewal At £100 so will not be taking the offer.

Hope this helps those having similar issues.

alan.pres
Topic Author

The notification I had from McAfee has now gone and thet say my subscription is up to date.  

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@minnieMoo wrote:

After several phones , no one at Sky knew anything about it despite it saying on my account that the "Sky McAfee management tool was broken"  No one could explain this.

The 'explanation' is as indicated above: McAfee no longer has a promotional relationship with Sky Broadband, and hasn't for several years. However both parties have handled this very poorly, with essentially no useful information being made available to subscribers.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion