Discussion topic: Lower Speed Broadband more expensive

This message was authored by Monty952 This message was authored by: Monty952

Lower Speed Broadband more expensive

I just want to ask why lower speed broadband is more expensive?

Superfast 35  - 36mbps -  £38 per month

Superfast 80  - 61mbps -  £27 per month

Superfast 100  - 100mbps -  £27 per month

I can only get Superfast 35 and I am guaranteed a download speed of 14mbps, most i have had is 17mbps, how can can it be justified to increase a price when the service isnt improved?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Lower Speed Broadband more expensive

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Monty952 the cost of providing a connection at any speed is pretty much the same. The speed a copperline can provide is determined by its length and condition and longer lines like yours are are slower.

It does seem unfair but the cost of data in terms of Mb/s is minute in comparison with the cost of lines and the customer support. Sky do make marketing offers on some products that distorts pricing comparisons.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Lower Speed Broadband more expensive

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Monty952  The reason that you are seeing that the slower speeds cost more is because the older technology is being phased out in favour of the newer technology.

This is happening with ADSL and it will happen with Superfast broardband as more users get the ability to get FTTP technology in their area.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion