Discussion topic: Logged in to admin - now keeps saying 'Login Failed - Another administrator is logged in'

This message was authored by LekyLoo This message was authored by: LekyLoo

Logged in to admin - now keeps saying 'Login Failed - Another administrator is logged in'

So, I got my new Sky broadband router today.

Plugged in and all went well. I connected my phone (apple) - before I went to connect everything else, I wanted to change the network name and password (I do this every time I get a new router).

Logged on to the hub on my phone - managed to update the network name -everything went off as it rebooted which is normal - then clicked the link to change the network password and keep getting "Login Failed - Another administrator is logged into the Sky Hub".  Which is stupid as I am the only one logged in to the hub on the same device!?!

Read a few things about Safari to went onto my laptop, connected to the internet and went to sign onto the router using Firefox and get the same thing.

Then I thought, well I'll just 'sign out' of the hub - but cannot see anywhere to 'log out'.

So currently, the internet works - I've changed the network name sucessfully - but I still want to change the password to something that doesn't make me lose my head everytime I have to type it in!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Logged in to admin - now keeps saying 'Login Failed - Another administrator is logged in'

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need to power cycle the router to clear that message

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Jens1983 This message was authored by: Jens1983

Re: Logged in to admin - now keeps saying 'Login Failed - Another administrator is logged in'

Hi, how do I "power cycle" my sky router?  I've also had the same "login failed/ another administrator is logged in"  message while trying to add a smart plug which needed to be 2.4GHz

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jens1983 

Unplug it then plug it back in

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Jens1983 This message was authored by: Jens1983

Thanks, this worked! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion