Discussion topic: Broken router

This message was authored by LauraO1961 This message was authored by: LauraO1961

Broken router

Our router has been broken for a week now and had a nightmare trying to get a repair/replacement from Sky. Can I but a router from somewhere else (Argos) just to get us back connected to the internet while we wait for Sky to get a new one to us (several days due to the mail strike!)?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Broken router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LauraO1961 wrote:

Can I but a router from somewhere else (Argos) just to get us back connected to the internet

You won't find a Sky-branded Hub there (or from any similar outlet) because Sky themselves don't offer Hubs for retail.  Some have inevitably leaked online: those are dubious but probably functional.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Broken router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LauraO1961 wrote:

Can I but a router from somewhere else (Argos) just to get us back connected to the internet

You won't find a Sky-branded Hub there (or from any similar outlet) because Sky themselves don't offer Hubs for retail.  Some have inevitably leaked online: those are dubious but probably functional.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion