Discussion topic: Literally unplayable gameplay due to latency and jitter spikes!!!

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Literally unplayable gameplay due to latency and jitter spikes!!!

@Treblered99 

I play EA games FC24 with Zen Internet and am experiencing zero issues.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Treblered99
Topic Author
This message was authored by Treblered99 This message was authored by: Treblered99

Yeah I'm limited to my choice I'm currently on sky superfast adsl no fibre in my area at the moment I'm afraid,,,, I'm going to post my 24 hour  bqm graph chart later to above user,,, hopefully sort it and yes I also gey the same pn call of duty,,, I done a speed test and got 98 jitter I'm not technical,,,, but like I said I've previously had EE 28mb broadband and never had this much lag latency and jitter problems so it's not the ea game servers,,, as you get that now and then not 99% of time in game, 

@Treblered99 

You are on superfast broadband which is VDSL2 and you shouldn't have an issue playing games over ethernet that you are doing. If there is an issue with jitter and latency then the chart will identify where it is happening and will then look at what you or Sky can do to address the issue.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Treblered99
Topic Author
This message was authored by Treblered99 This message was authored by: Treblered99

Exactly I shouldn't be having no issues,,, ill wait until the 24 hour period is up then I'll send you the 24 hour bqm graph,, again thanks 

Treblered99
Topic Author

Here's screen shots for the w4 hour period or do you want to include link?? 

Screenshot_20231016_190218_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231016_190227_Chrome.jpg

@Treblered99 

Looking at the latency chart for the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, it shows that the broadband line is good, and you likely have a faulty ethernet cable between the LAN port and the Xbox Series S console port that needs replacing.

-------

Treblered99
Topic Author

Ok I've ordered a new cat8 one ,,, praying that sorts it and have forwarded the ports to the xbox correctly this time fingers crossed it sorted when get new ethernet cable, thanks for you help 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mae-3 wrote:

@Treblered99 

I play EA games FC24 with Zen Internet and am experiencing zero issues.

Same. 

Unfortunately the excuse that its EA's fault has long since gone, they experience very little problems on game release these days and the issues they do have are usually everyone at once and you'd know about it if it was that. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

@jamesn123

I'm getting about 18-20ms latency ping response from gameplay in FC24 on everything I've played in the last week with zero issues with jitter or gameplay.

@Treblered99 

If there is an issue after replacing the ethernet LAN cable then it will be down to Sky or the Sky router. 😎

-------

Treblered99
Topic Author

Yeah been a week now and still same problem eafc basically still unplayable despite me buying new ethernet cable my router stats and bqm graph not showing any faults as per previous messages,,, ill ring sky up but the said the same last year to them about my old gen console feeling exactly the same,,, and took xbox down my cousins house and his broadband lower and was super smooth as fifa should be,,, it was that way on EE 28mb in previous property ans was running fine 99% of the time,,,, ill speak to sky try new router, thanks 

Treblered99
Topic Author

Can any of you send me the proper number for contacting sky 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Treblered99 wrote:

Can any of you send me the proper number for contacting sky 

You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion