Discussion topic: Linksys With FTTC

This message was authored by RampagedDeath This message was authored by: RampagedDeath

Linksys With FTTC

Hi. I purchased a Velop Atom Pro off Amazon last night because I'm fed up of the lag gaming when I'm sat right next to the Sky Hub.

Turns out it looks like I may have purchased the wrong item as I'm only getting superfast speeds. Do I need to purchase a VDSL modem/router? If so any recommendations?

All Replies

RampagedDeath
Topic Author
This message was authored by RampagedDeath This message was authored by: RampagedDeath

Re: Linksys With FTTC

Sorry it's Atlas Pro 6.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RampagedDeath 

Will need to check the velop to see if it uses mer, dhcp option 61 to authenticate if so the model below will be the best option for the modem bridge

Tp link td w9970

Instructions for setting up tp link td w9970 as modem bridge

select sky vdsl from isp list
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1332/

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RampagedDeath 

At the minute the is no info on linksys to confirm whether it supports dhcp option 61 for authenticating with sky servers. In other words it looks like it supportr PPPOE which only works with sky ireland.

Theres nothing stopping you from switching wifi off on the sky hub and switching the velop to access mode to avoid double nat

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion