Discussion topic: Last night 01/11/2022

This message was authored by speedysteff This message was authored by: speedysteff

Last night 01/11/2022

Hi Did anyone loose their internet last night roughly from 11pm onwards for over 1 hr, as i work from home and was greatly concerned if i would be able to work the following morning??

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Last night 01/11/2022

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@speedysteff 

It's not particularly unusual for broadband services to drop overnight to permit Openreach equipment maintenance.  Only Sky subscribers connecting back to the same relatively local infrastructure as yourself could have any relevant information.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@speedysteff 

It's not particularly unusual for broadband services to drop overnight to permit Openreach equipment maintenance.  Only Sky subscribers connecting back to the same relatively local infrastructure as yourself could have any relevant information.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
speedysteff
Topic Author
This message was authored by speedysteff This message was authored by: speedysteff

Okay thank you for that, It's just as i work from home i got into a slight panic when it froze in the middle of a programme, and couldn't rest until it came back, as It's a long way for me to journey into work if it wasn't back in time for the morning.  But thank you for the heads up I'll bear that in mind if it happens again. and thank you for your swift Response 🙂

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@speedysteff 

You need to also bear in mind that Sky Broadband is a domestic service and subject to the constraints that come with that ie: fix times after an outage. It was not designed for the many thousands of customers who now wfh on a regular basis. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
speedysteff
Topic Author

Thank you Daniel0210 

Yes of course, it is a domestic usage and not a business one, and no anyone working from Home does have these concern's. However for me i was more in a panic as my reasons for working from home are health related and for me to attend the office would be really difficult to arrange if it hadn't come back by the morning. I'd be well late.  But at least i can forwarn my employers now that i have more knowledge and not panic too much. Even though it did interrupt an extremley tense moment in the programme i was watching LOL. 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion