Discussion topic: Joining Sky Superfast, Hub?

This message was authored by toonKev This message was authored by: toonKev

Joining Sky Superfast, Hub?

Hello all, our BT fibre deal has expired and I'm not able to get another deal so I'm considering joining Sky from broadband for £25 per month which I think is a good deal plus the £100 voucher which would be ideal for this time of year 🙂

Would we get the new Hub is we joined today?

Thanks in advance for any help!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Joining Sky Superfast, Hub?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@toonKev the hub Sky supplies will vary. If your service is over fibre to the premises (your current BT hub links to an Openreach box with lights) then you will get Sky's SR203 Broadband Hub. You would also get that if Sky havve to offer you a voice line via the hub rather than via traditional sockets that is their decision not yours. Otherwise you will get a ER115 Sky Q hub which is Sky's standard offering. You can pay an additional £5 for Broadband Boost which gives you the SR203 as one of the extras you are buying.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
toonKev
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply, I have the BT smart hub just now which is okay but I just don't want to end up with a worse hub that isn't great for wifi etc.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@toonKev 

Q Hubs are not great in some properties: they are pretty much entirely the wrong shape, which really doesn't help.  The Sky Broadband Hub is better.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
toonKev
Topic Author

Looks like I won't be able to get the newer hub unless I take the broadband boost.

Are the Q hubs so bad? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@toonKev wrote:

Are the Q hubs so bad? 

There are millions in use: some undoubtedly struggle.  I'd suggest waiting to see how it goes in your own property.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion