Discussion topic: Issues connecting to wi-fi

This message was authored by Sharbod71 This message was authored by: Sharbod71

Issues connecting to wi-fi

Hi,  

Over the past few days I have had to constantly re-join my WiFi network on my phone.  It is also happening with my son's phone.  This morning it says my WiFi password is incorrect when it definitely is not.  I have tried resetting the router but it hasn't helped.  Please can you help? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Issues connecting to wi-fi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sharbod71 sounds like the phones have lost their "trudt this network" setting so check that. Assuming you are entering the password correctly (it incredibly easy to misread a number for a letter or vice versa) tell the phone to forget the connection reboot it and try again from scratch the memory location thst stores the password can become corrupted that process should sort it. 

Also a lot of phones have a Wifi assist function which switched to mobile data if that is faster then wifi which with faster mobile networks is not the uncommon so if you dont want that to happen go into the settings and turn it off.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion