Discussion topic: Internet

This message was authored by Zaib This message was authored by: Zaib

Internet

Hello,

I have tested my internet connection and everything seems okay but my connection is dropping every 30 seconds. I have restarted my internet router several times turned it on and off but no help. 

can you look into this please?

All Replies

Zaib
Topic Author

Re: Internet

I go near my internet router and and it connects to my phone straight away but when I go to my living room which is literally 2.5 meters away; it disconnects. I never had this problem and I have been using Sky since June 2023.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zaib a lot depends on what is in the 2.5m between the hub and the phone. If it is anything metal it will block 100% of the direct signal a solid brick wall is not quite as bad but signal strength will drop significantly.

There are several other possible causes especially if things were fine before. First is interference which can comecfrom numerous sources but rebooting the hub may help if its from a neighbour's network. The other is your phone trying to be helpful and switching to mobile data as it is now faster than your wifi. As Mobile  networks are getting faster this happens more and more. If you suspect that go into the settings on your phone and turn off anything called something like wifi assist - on iphones Apple hide the setting right at the bottom of the mobile data settings page.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Zaib
Topic Author

Hello,

there is nothing metal thing or any other equipment/tool which is blocking the signal.

The router is in kitchen and it cannot be removed from there as Openreach line is connected from the back garden meaning location is fixed for router and cannot be moved elsewhere in property.

Above my kitchen is my room and i get full signals there and that is through a thick brick ceiling.

i have re-booted my router/swiched it on and off/reset it but nothing seems to be working.

what shall i do next?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zaib 

Go through this troubleshooting

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Zaib
Topic Author

&jamesn123 the problem has resolved itself. Thank you

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion