Discussion topic: Internet not working

This message was authored by Essexed This message was authored by: Essexed

Re: Internet not working

Seems to be happening every morning to me, also I'm on fibre so less reason it should happen

This message was authored by Christian0408 This message was authored by: Christian0408

@Essexed does it start working at some point then? Its weird that's happening every morning.

It does come back on, but never this long 

This message was authored by Christian0408 This message was authored by: Christian0408

@Chrisee could I request an online chat with someone from Sky as well please?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Christian0408 pleae confirm you havecrun the online test in My Sky and it isnt telling you there is a fault in your area?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee yes I confirm I've done the test. It says no outage in the area.

This message was authored by Jimmyhrfc This message was authored by: Jimmyhrfc

Am also in RM16 area and broadband down since at least 4am. Number of faults being reported in south Essex  - called the support number earlier today and was informed that an engineer had already been booked - suggests an issue at a local/regional exchange hub.

Ran tests - no faults in the local area, but that info is about as reliable as a paper umbrella in a rain storm.

This message was authored by chaffordred1 This message was authored by: chaffordred1

I'm also in the RM16 (Chafford Hundred) area with no internet for approximately 8 hours. 

Tried all the checkers to no avail. 

This message was authored by Louiseeeeee This message was authored by: Louiseeeeee

Did they give any update on when the problem will be fixed In the RM16 area?

This message was authored by chaffordred1 This message was authored by: chaffordred1

No update. They tried resetting and new  IP address, but still no internet. Now been passed to Openreach to try and resolve the issue

Same here in Chafford Hundred. Was asked to reset router, but still nothing.

apparently escalated to network engineers. 

This message was authored by Martin968 This message was authored by: Martin968

No internet here in RM17, was off when I came downstairs this morning. Had trouble with the internet dropping in and out for weeks and always seems to start on a Friday and lasts for a few days then is ok again. Had an engineer out and he couldn't find any issues either indoors or at the main green box in the street (which is only 50 feet away from me). Getting frustrated as I have Sky Glass TV so no internet and no TV again!

Still no internet here in Chafford, well done sky

Finally showing outage in the area (C100) but could take up to a couple of days to fix (think that's a standard response).

not good when everything is over broadband.

This message was authored by Kulwant This message was authored by: Kulwant

Same issue here, hasn’t been working since 12am last night. Have no idea and it's really frustrating

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion