Discussion topic: Internet keeps dropping a couple of minutes

This message was authored by Duttondee This message was authored by: Duttondee

Internet keeps dropping a couple of minutes

Hi,

My internet keeps dropping for a couple of minutes everyday. We have a sky q box so every time it disconnect the the middle light turns orange while the two outer lights stays green. I have looked at the router statistics and tried to compare it with other peoples problems on here but can't see any similarities.  Would really appreciate any help, thanks. 
IMG_0151.png

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Internet keeps dropping a couple of minutes

@Duttondee 

You have a broadband line fault not only is the noise margins for downstream and upstream raised above 6dB the line is dropping randamly becuase of the fault. Each 3dB above 6dB indicates noise on the line and double the noise for each 3dB above 6dB, so 12dB would be 4 times noise that shouldn't be there on the line.

This has also shown up in your router stats as a reduced downstream and upstream speed as well, estimate you have lost about 10Mbps on downstream and above 4Mbps on upstream, so you are likely below your minimum guarantee speed (MGS).

Recommend you run the line test to ascertain whether the fault diagnostics will allow you to book an engineer to fix the fault otherwise contact Sky to report random disconnects and slow speed.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion