Discussion topic: Internet issue

This message was authored by Craigmanning35 This message was authored by: Craigmanning35

Internet issue

Was streaming a film when the internet and voice light went orange on the router so I resetted my router now the internet light is off but the voice light is orange 

All Replies

This message was authored by Dballred This message was authored by: Dballred

Re: Internet issue

Our internet is out as well. Diagnostic says connection is fine but we are not getting service. Reset router. Thinking it is a larger issue on Sky's/Open Reach issue.

Craigmanning35
Topic Author
This message was authored by Craigmanning35 This message was authored by: Craigmanning35

Have resetted it getting no light on internet and orange on voice was working fine tested it online the connection says everything is ok 

This message was authored by BAR0530 This message was authored by: BAR0530

Also having a similar issue. Was streaming TV while on a phone call and both dropped. Saw orange lights on internet and voice on the router but green on wifi. Reset now I've got orange light on voice, no light on internet, and green light on wifi. Concur this is likely a larger network issue. I wonder if it's similar to what happend with AT&T in the US yesterday. Thousands of customers without connectivity for nearly most of the working day.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Loss of connection between midnight to 5am is quite likely to be caused maintenance activity by Sky or more likely Openreach therefore if the service is back up by morning is just sometging you have to live with. 

Line drops at other times could be due to faults and need to be reported to Sky.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by KeTo This message was authored by: KeTo

Same issue. Sky test says all OK but Green light blank (no) light green light orange light. Loss ov voip woke me up at around 3 am Work from home so this is serious issue for me

@KeTo sorry some overnight maintenance activity is something you have to live with on a service that is so,d as a domestic connection. You can buy business services which fall back to a mobile service when the main service is unavailable but expect to pay several times as much. .Only  if lines are down after 6am is it likely to be a fault.

No ISP can guarantee a 24/7 service as kit needs to be maintained and the work is scheduled overnight to cause minimal disruption.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by KeTo This message was authored by: KeTo

@Chrisee 

It's after 6am and still no connection or VOIP

looks like a fault

Anyone know any more?

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@KeTo Log into your account using your mobile device if you have one, and run the test connection.

@KeTo  Sky have over 6 million broadband customers inevitably several thousand will have line faults which can be caused by multiple issues. As i advised above run the connection test in the My Sky app over a mobile connection as tgat will tell you if Sky are aware of an issue affecting your line. 

If that is negative you can call Sky from around 7am to report the issue. Sky will get Openreach to check the connection but be aware the SLA is to repair faults within 2 working days after report or pay compensation.. Given the heavy rain yesterday the engineers will be very busy

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion