Discussion topic: Huge packet loss and high latency help please

This message was authored by AndyFo This message was authored by: AndyFo

Huge packet loss and high latency help please

Can anyone help please I have been suffering with huge lag on accessing web pages and on an indoor cycling training app which causes delays of up to 10seconds before anything happens or loads. I have been using think broadbands quality monitor and it is showing some bizarre graphs see below also speedmeasurementlabs show some retransmission although I'm far from being a techy so now getting a little lost and not sure how to proceed. Thoughts or solutions gratefully received.

87E4ABD8-BE73-4604-BEAF-A388897EB8C0.jpegA302BEA1-957C-4BD3-923A-5262C01D4793.jpeg

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Huge packet loss and high latency help please

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndyFo as a first step power down your hub for a few minutes and then restart it which should get you a new public IP address and hopefully put you on a different network node. We have been seeing some oddities being reported like very slow or failing DNS calls these typically happen when one of Sky's many servers is having a bad day its possible your problem is related. These servers are located around the country so take a while to get fixed.

You will have to get a new BQM set up for the new IP address.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
AndyFo
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply, I tried this and got a new IP set up a new BQM and still got the same results. I have powered off all my electronics overnight but still get the huge packet loss despite there being nothing other than a mobile connected to the internet.

@AndyFo thst is disapointing but the interference can be outside your home but can be incredibly difficult to get sorted can you post your hubs connection stats if you tag me (type @ and choose my handle) I will take a look for you. Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
AndyFo
Topic Author

Thank you @Chrisee @I think this is the stats you asked for

C537AEB1-C5C9-40BC-8A02-EB4570DD9002.png

@AndyFo nothing obviously wrong and you hub is connected at the max 40Mb/s dosn and 10Mb/s up your connection allows. Normally where there is the level of noise apparent in the BQM the cabinrtscDLM system intervenes and raises the noise margin to stabilise the line. I would ren port it to Sky but dont be too surprisd if they say the line looks fine from their end. You msy need to be politely persistant to get it checked out.

AndyFo
Topic Author

Thank you @Chrisee appreciate your response, I will badger sky and hope I can get some sort of resolution from them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion