Discussion topic: Full fibre speed faults

This message was authored by Izziej2010 This message was authored by: Izziej2010

Full fibre speed faults

I am pretty tech savvy when you pay for 500gig full fibre and test show your getting less than 100 I'm pretty sure there is a fault or my profile is wrong and when complained whilst on phone my speed went up and hold and behold an hr later it drops again to below sky are conning people here pay for 500 but get 100

All Replies

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Re: Full fibre speed faults

@Izziej2010 wrote:

I am pretty tech savvy when you pay for 500gig full fibre and test show your getting less than 100 I'm pretty sure there is a fault or my profile is wrong and when complained whilst on phone my speed went up and hold and behold an hr later it drops again to below sky are conning people here pay for 500 but get 100

I thought I was too until I changed to FTTP.

A con is highly unlikely but a fault somewhere is possible in my recent experience.

My speed was wavering between 520Mbps and 350Mbps until OR respliced the fibre optic cable in the CSP and replaced the ONT.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Full fibre speed faults

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Izziej2010 if you stop and think about it why would Sky intentionally throttle a line? There is no real cost saving and potentially a huge risk  to their reputation.

It could be an artifact of testing for example you test over wifi where the test ends up measuring the speed of the wifi link or other devices are running and using network bandwidth. Test over ethernet with nothing else running and if speeds are significantly below 500Mb/s then call Sky and report it.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion